Q: What are the requirements to be a CASA Volunteer?
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Attend pre-service training class (30 hours)
* Commit to at least one year of service, or the lifespan of the case (whichever comes first)
* Sign the Pledge of Confidentiality
Q: What are the duties of a CASA Volunteer?
* Interview all parties involved with a child whom the CASA Volunteer has been assigned
* Record all findings as the investigation progresses
* Attend Juvenile Court hearings involving the case
* Attend the Department of Children's Services meeting involving the case
* Prepare written reports with recommendations for all hearings
* Monitor proceedings in other courts, which may have an impact on the child's case
* Regularly confer with the CASA Staff
Q: Can I be a CASA Volunteer if I work full time and/or have children?
* Of course you can! CASA is a great volunteer opportunity that provides for a flexible schedule that works on your own time. For Court and any meeting you cannot get off work for or have child care issues, the CASA staff will work with you and appear to represent your recommendations.